I told my hubby yesterday if I could snap my fingers and be pregnant right now I would. Clearly I am suffering from some sort of baby love addiction and need professional help.
I heard "I Will Survive", the Cake version, recently and it kinda sums up how I feel about infertility/pregnancy hunger right now. I never thought it would come back so soon. (I should've changed my fucking locks) BUT I am also putting 99.9% of my energy toward my baby, and really only the .1% toward thoughts of IF (now I'm saving all my lovin for someone who's lovin me). Okay wow that was cheesy.
We have an appt today with a pediatric GI specialist. She is still diagnosed as having acid reflux and was switched from Zantac to Axid 3 weeks ago. She was on probiotics for 3 weeks with no improvement, we use Colief drops for possible lactase problems with every feed and she still cries at maybe 1/4 of her feedings. Seeing as how it is almost always the evening feeds I sense it is more colic than reflux. But we shall see what the expert says today. Pipsqueak is 3 1/2 months and colic is supposed to get better at 3-4 months so here is hoping!!!
She is napping right now in her swing. Her naps are all over the place - her favorite place to nap by far is in our arms/lap :). She sometimes naps in her crib, sometimes her pack and play, and often just on the couch near us. We are pretty much exclusively co-sleeping at night. She often goes 6-7 hrs btwn feeds at night but recently is eating every 4-5 at night (growth spurt maybe?). I have recently finally figured out how to nurse while lying down. - what a lifesaver!
Still doing exclusive breast milk. She nurses when I'm home and gets bottles when I'm working. Supply is good although I have been taking fenugreek for the past couple of weeks. TMI perhaps but my period started back at 7 weeks postpartum (I was pissed!) and I then had another 26 days later. Guess my body is ready for another one too ;)? Anyway hormone fluctuations during your period can decrease supply and I definitely noticed that. Fenugreek is helping though. During that time I take 3 capsules 3 times a day. I also take thy much when I'm working a 12 hr shift. Or when I just feel low.
She is 15 weeks tomorrow and I simply adore this stage. She is beginning to be able to 'play'. She loves her activity mat - its adorable watching her bat at her toys! Her excersaucer is a hit (although she is still kinda small in it) and she is unsure about her Johnny Jump up - not supposed to use it until 4 months so she will probably get better at it but check out this pic -
She was just sucking on the fabric and tiptoeing around. It was hilarious!
Love to all. Big shout out to some recent BFPs - Leigh and Tina congratulations!!! For everyone cycling now or soon my fingers are crossed or you!
Xoxo
I heard "I Will Survive", the Cake version, recently and it kinda sums up how I feel about infertility/pregnancy hunger right now. I never thought it would come back so soon. (I should've changed my fucking locks) BUT I am also putting 99.9% of my energy toward my baby, and really only the .1% toward thoughts of IF (now I'm saving all my lovin for someone who's lovin me). Okay wow that was cheesy.
We have an appt today with a pediatric GI specialist. She is still diagnosed as having acid reflux and was switched from Zantac to Axid 3 weeks ago. She was on probiotics for 3 weeks with no improvement, we use Colief drops for possible lactase problems with every feed and she still cries at maybe 1/4 of her feedings. Seeing as how it is almost always the evening feeds I sense it is more colic than reflux. But we shall see what the expert says today. Pipsqueak is 3 1/2 months and colic is supposed to get better at 3-4 months so here is hoping!!!
She is napping right now in her swing. Her naps are all over the place - her favorite place to nap by far is in our arms/lap :). She sometimes naps in her crib, sometimes her pack and play, and often just on the couch near us. We are pretty much exclusively co-sleeping at night. She often goes 6-7 hrs btwn feeds at night but recently is eating every 4-5 at night (growth spurt maybe?). I have recently finally figured out how to nurse while lying down. - what a lifesaver!
Still doing exclusive breast milk. She nurses when I'm home and gets bottles when I'm working. Supply is good although I have been taking fenugreek for the past couple of weeks. TMI perhaps but my period started back at 7 weeks postpartum (I was pissed!) and I then had another 26 days later. Guess my body is ready for another one too ;)? Anyway hormone fluctuations during your period can decrease supply and I definitely noticed that. Fenugreek is helping though. During that time I take 3 capsules 3 times a day. I also take thy much when I'm working a 12 hr shift. Or when I just feel low.
She is 15 weeks tomorrow and I simply adore this stage. She is beginning to be able to 'play'. She loves her activity mat - its adorable watching her bat at her toys! Her excersaucer is a hit (although she is still kinda small in it) and she is unsure about her Johnny Jump up - not supposed to use it until 4 months so she will probably get better at it but check out this pic -
She was just sucking on the fabric and tiptoeing around. It was hilarious!
Love to all. Big shout out to some recent BFPs - Leigh and Tina congratulations!!! For everyone cycling now or soon my fingers are crossed or you!
Xoxo

She is so adorable! Hope her tummy is better soon!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the shout out! :)
I love the Cake version!
ReplyDeleteShe is a cutie!!
Hey Marianne! Great update! Brings back memories of when LN10 was that age. Yes, I agree...definitely colic. LN10 had it too. Happy Hour would start at 4PM until 10 PM or so on the worst nights. But it gets better...she's just tired and wired from all the stimulation. Wish it was easy for both of us to have another baby but like you I just don't wanna go there again! Just focusing on being "happy with what I got!". OH...and LN10 liked being in his Jumperoo at age 2 months. He just loved to stand up straight and the Jumperoo was the best way to allow such independance at a young age. Too cute!! Much love...
ReplyDeleteOH and the secret to calming those out of control colic cries...a hairdryer on full blast for 5 minutes. Worked everytime!! Try it!!
ReplyDeleteLove the photos of your darling little girl... she's adorable :)) Wow... time flies :) Thinking of you and hope she's feeling better soon xoxo
ReplyDeleteSo I saw your comment today on my blog and seriously I don't know how I haven't been following you before now! Massive oops on my part! Anyway, I can totally relate about #2 even though C is just 8 weeks old. We actually have a consult appt with our RE scheduled for the end of the month. It sounds crazy, but we want at least 2 and I know how long it can take to achieve that BFP, I'd rather have them close in age if that means we're pregnant again! Not to mention, I love my little man, but I totally miss being preggo! I'll be following daily from now on :)
ReplyDeleteYay! Glad we are in the same boat:)
Delete