Pregnancy Induced Hypertension - I've got it. :(
Yesterday at my 30 week appt they did an ultrasound just to see how big the baby is (I have been measuring 2-3 weeks ahead). Everything was perfect - she is measuring at 3 lbs 5 oz which is the 57th percentile, fluid levels great, cord looks good.
Then my appt came. BP initially was 136/100. They had me lie on my left side for 10 minutes and then the doctor came in to check - 150/100. They took me by wheelchair to labor and delivery and monitored me and the baby for 2 hours. They drew every lab test known to man to check my organ functions. My bp came down on it's own, only once contraction in 2 hours, Little Girl's HR was perfect throughout, no protein in my urine, and all labs normal.
Today I went back for a bp check with the nurse. 150/92. She had my lie on my left side for 10 minutes and then it was 122/76. My weight was the same as yesterday, and again no protein in my urine.
Besides swelling in my hands and face I have no other symptoms. I am to call the dr immediately if I experience a rapid increase in swelling, headache, blurred or spotty vision, vomiting, dizziness or upper abdominal pain. In the meantime I have no restrictions except - if I'm doing something that makes me feel bad I should stop doing it. Ok then. I am allowed to work and eat whatever I want. The Dr did say that this gets usually worse as pregnancy progresses and I may have to be on modified bed rest at some point.
So, I guess all is ok? I was worried yesterday but feel better today. I'm glad Little Girl is looking good - I just need to be vigilant about symptoms I feel I guess.
Anybody else have numbness? The first 3 fingers of my right hand and my right thigh are numb 24/7. Dr says this is from swelling??

Hey...not sure if I've ever commented before but I've been following your blog for awhile now and just wanted to let ya know that you're not alone with the PIH...I've had it since 27 weeks (I will be 32 weeks tomm).
ReplyDeleteI was already high risk because of previous losses and had been monitored weekly. I was suppose to switch to every 2 weeks but since the BP has been high...I've still been seen weekly. I was started on a BP pill about a week and a half ago and whenever I check my BP NOT at the office...its great but at the office its ALWAYS high (I have some serious anxiety issues from my losses). Starting this week (because even on my BP pill my BP is high) I will be going in for non stress tests twice a week to keep checking on baby. And my high risk doc will be inducing me early if my BP stays high (between 37-39 weeks). Anyways as long as your looking out for symptoms and your doc is watching you...all should be just fine. Hope your stay preeclampsia signs FREE...happy last few weeks!!! Your sweet bundle is almost in your arms!!!
No fun. I had transient hypertension for the last bit of my pregnancy. I was told to stop working and put on modified rest. I hope things go well!
ReplyDeleteYup...no fun I know. I was told same thing as lowfatlady too but I was allowed to keep working as it was a desk job and had to monitor my bp's 3x a day. So a bp monitor at home was essential. My DH did everything for me...cooked, etc. We even hired a cleaning lady to clean up the house twice a month. Take it easy!
ReplyDelete