Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Bed Rest

Dramatic turn here.   I've been to L+D 3 times in the last 11 days.  The highest my pressure has been is 200/120 Monday night.  Today at my appt it was 160/110.  I have been started on a beta blocker (labetalol 300mg twice daily) and am on bed rest until further notice.  The medicine is making me feel a little light-headed (like taking sudafed, all fuzzy inside) but better than having a stroke or a seizure.

I am now scheduled for biophysical profile ultrasounds and appointments weekly.

Does anyone have any personal experience with this?  Or any good blogs of women who dealt with high blood pressure in pregnancy?

7 comments:

  1. Hey Marianne, I battled elevated bp's during my pg and then at the end it was very high like yours. There really isn't anything they can do except perhaps some bp meds (which you're getting) and bed rest (which you are also doing). All I can say is just good luck and thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did have these issues. My pressures were very high from 25 weeks on. I started taking procardia (the alternative to Labetalol) 1 time a day and by 38 weeks i was taking the max dose 3 times a day. I want you to know that I know what you're going through and I understand how scary it is. I do also want you to know that my little guy was born and was completely healthy and with the bed rest I made it to 39 weeks even with protein and full blown pre-e (it eventually turned that to pre-e). I have a lot of information about this subject and going through this so feel free to email me. Thinking of you. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you... must be hard to have an issue in the homestretch but you're almost there. FXd for you and your BP. Love always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I have zero experience but I wanted you to know I am thinking of you! I hope things start to go more smoothly and they get your bp under control!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't go through that, but I know it is scary. I hope you are able to bring it down and make it to full term!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. thinking of you honey! please stick to your best rest and i pray that the blood pressure comes down some instead of continuing to climb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and the baby and wishing you both all the best.

    ReplyDelete