So I have been getting a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions. Or at least I assume that is what they are - my uterus is rock hard on top and my bump gets pointy (as opposed to it's usual roundness). It lasts a couple of minutes, happens more when I am on my feet (ESPECIALLY at work), and drinking water and putting my feet up makes them go away. Dr Google says as long as there are not more than 5 an hour it's normal. I think I have had about 10 today, once I had 3 in one hour (while at work running around taking care of a critical patient).
This is normal, right? No pain during them, but I have had some achiness in my lower abdomen throughout the day, especially the left side, which I assume is round ligament pain.
Should I call the dr tomorrow just to check in with the nurse and make sure this is normal?
Besides that everything is great! Holding steady at 24 1/2 weeks. I hope all is well with everyone else.

BHs can be pretty uncomfortable... but after what I've been through, I would check with L&D today and your doctor ASAP. You can never ask too many questions too often to your treating team... it's their job :) Glad to hear that everything else is going so well xoxo
ReplyDeleteSounds like them alright! But always best to check, especially if they get strong. That's when mine started to get uncomfortable.
ReplyDeletewow!! when did you get so far along!! I have the same contractions when i get behind on my water or run to many errands in the heat. youre probably fine but it never hurts to call the doc and put your mind at ease.
ReplyDeleteDoesn't hurt to check it out but I think it's normal...LisainSK
ReplyDelete