I'm getting desperate. PLEASE send me any tips/tricks/voodoo spells that help with constipation during pregnancy.
I'm now officially eating no cheese, taking colace stool softener 3 times a day, eating prunes when I can stomach them and drinking pear juice. STILL ALMOST NOTHING! AUGH!!!!

Miralax. Seriously - my OB cleared it through our many cycles of TTC and all TWW's, and my RE cleared it for all IUIs and IVF. They also said it is perfectly safe with pregnancy. Works like a charm without nasty side effects of cramping, gas, etc. Hope you feel better soon! :(
ReplyDeleteI'm no help, sorry. I hope someone can suggest something helpful. This is one time I have enjoyed the constipation because of my ibs. I am able to eat a lot more things than before.
ReplyDeleteapple sauce or actual apples really. you need high fiber to keep everything moving.I'm sorry your softeners arent helping. :(
ReplyDeleteOh and are you drinking a ton of water? Water water water water. I'd almost recommend water as your only drink with a not from concentrate no sugar added juice every now and then. you can't do better than water and fiber for keeping traffic flowing.
Calm Magnesium. It's a powder that you mix with water (I like it with club soda). It's the only thing that worked for me while stimming - 3 stool stoftners and 2 smooth move teas a day weren't doing anything for me.
ReplyDeleteMilk of Mag??? I am told its ok to use and I know it works well for our patients....
ReplyDeleteI don't know if this will help you, but I've tried the fiber 1 bars and within about 15 minutes of eating one, I'm in the bathroom. I wish I could be more help!
ReplyDeleteMy RE said to eat high fiber cereals. I bought "Good Friends" which tastes like shit but works like a charm. I think one bowl has like 12 grams of fiber. I eat two bowls a day. I also eat 2 apples a day and have been pooping 2-3 times a day since about 12 weeks.
ReplyDeleteoh, and drink lots of water. It took a couple of weeks after stopping progesterone to get my body on track.
P.S. I am eating a bowl now!
ReplyDeleteHey Marianne...congrats on your pg! I think this is the first time I've stopped by your blog! Thanks for your support of mine. Anyway, for me I had TERRIBLE TERRIBLE constipation. Like brutal. So I had a hunch I was lactose intolerant. So I cut out all dairy and drank only lactose free milk. Some dairy products have less lactose than others...I found yogurt did not bother me. I also took lactaid pills just prior to eating dairy. HUGE difference. Then by third trimester the intolerance was gone. Weird huh?! Some women have it their whole pg...some even afterwards too.
ReplyDelete