Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, July 7, 2011

2nd trimester

So I am beginning the 2nd trimester - either today at 13 weeks or next week at 14 weeks, depending on the source.

This is supposed to be the magical trimester, right?  Oh I hope so :)  I can definitely tell a difference between now and a few weeks ago.  The nausea is occurring less often, is less intense and almost never causes dry heaves anymore.  If this constipation would just abate then life would be perfect.  Thanks for all of your advice friends.  It really helped!  I pretty much cleaned myself out with 3 stool softeners, 2 fiber pills, and a max dose of milk of magnesia.  2 weeks ago I did just about the same thing.  Now I just want to prevent it from getting that bad again.  The hubs and I are both on a mission to get me as much fiber each day as possible - fiber cereal, fiber one bars, etc.  I hope it helps.

Big news - I am showing more and more each day.  My belly has always been flabby, I gain weight like a man - in my beer gut :)  But now there is a definite bump with definition to the lower abdomen.  I have found myself purposely wearing clothes that accentuate it - so much fun!

3 weeks until our next appt, 7 weeks to the next ultrasound.  If it wasn't for the doppler I would absolutely lose my mind.  I check in on the bambino a few times  a week - it is so much easier to find the heartbeat now than it was at 10 1/2 weeks which is awesome!

I hope everyone is having a good summer.  All in all this is the best summer of my life thus far.  I remember last summer - a good friend visited me while she was 18 weeks pregnant.  I tried to have fun, I tried (and mostly successfully) to be happy for her, but I was so unbelievable jealous.  That was in August.  This August I will be 18 weeks pregnant.  It is just mind-blowing.

xoxoxo

5 comments:

  1. Yay for the 2nd Tri!!! I hope its your trimester of bliss you so deserve. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news, sweetie! I how I wish I was in your shoes...my nausea has been horrid! SO ready for second trimester!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are feeling better! enjoy all of your fiber! :) it will pay off in the end. no pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being in the second trimester, that is so awesome! I'm so glad your feeling better and having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its strange but I think i am more tired in my second trimester than I was in my first. I do love showing. LOVE the bump :)

    ReplyDelete