Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Negative

for HIV, all the hepatitises, chlamydia, ghonorrea (sic), and like a billion other diseases.

Also I have resistance to German measles.  Woohoo!

I talked to the nurse briefly today about what to expect.  It all sounded normal...she said Dr Alan usually only does one insem per cycle, uses clomid to stimulate, estradiol to thicken lining.  The only thing I was unsure of is she said day 12 you come in for an ultrasound and if you're ready you get the shot in the office and come back the next day for insem.  I thought 36 hours was the average time?  Esp with donor sperm, it only lives 12-24 hours unlike fresh super sperm that survives 24-72 hours or something.  I stressed that I am in the medical field so giving shots at home would be no big deal.  So we'll see, I guess I am no RE but damn I am a DR GOOGLE!

Funniest thing that happened so far this month?  My period was 4 days late.  AND (WARNING TMI AHEAD!!!!) there had been no deposit made in the particular place that deposits need to be made in order for babies to be made.  And NO, not that dirty orifice, the other one, the one that is very clean, usually.

BUT STILL!  My period is almost never late!  I got myself worked up that I was accidentally pregnant with a 3 month old miracle fetus and the last couple of months were just spotting.  Because that would totally make sense what with all of the weight gain, crankiness, tears and bloating.  Of course!  So I ACTUALLY TOOK A PREGNANCY TEST.  I can at least say that I didn't buy one, back when we were ttc like rabbits I bought a million of them from babyhopes.com.  I am a POAS addict.  I thought I had kicked this particular habit but my brain was all like, "No, no, no".

Negative obviously.  The one comfort I have is that I have never had an evaporation line.  These tests are always like the great white abyss of despair.  I giggled when I saw the negative this time.  Back then I would have killed to see an evap line just for the fleeting hope.

So, yay!  And actually my cycle having been late is going to make the iui process in January soooo much better.  Otherwise I was going to be out of town while on clomid for the first time and I am such a baby about meds that I have been all worried about the side effects.

Happy holidays everyone!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Good news :) glad to hear it! So excited for your cycle to get rolling! Happy Holidays, lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny. I had an impossibly 'hopeful' month a few months back and also took a hpt. I never told anyone, didn't even post about it! It is just crazy because my dh is completely sterile, and there is not a chance that I could have been pregnant. And I've never trusted my period - Watched way too many of those 'i didn't know i was pregnant' shows where girls 'claim' that they had their period the whole pregnancy.

    About the protocal that your RE uses... My RE does a baseline US on day 3 to make sure that there are no cysts. And I responded to the Clomid really fast both cycles and ended up triggering on day 10. We've done Back to back IUI's that each include an ultrasound so that we can see the folicles to confirm that I have not yet ovulated on day 11, and then on day 12 to confirm that I did ovulate. It give me great peace of mind to know that we have the timing right... But it does cost us (for the extra sperm and extra US.) But it is worth is for me.

    My RE also prescribes Progesterone to take during the tww, which sounds pretty standard from what I've read.

    Oh my goodness it sounds like you have so many pieces of this puzzle coming together. SO EXCITING. I hope that you have a Rawking Christmas and are all ready to head into this very exciting new year! I can just feel it in my bones that we are going to be pregnant together :) :) :)

    Ohhh, one final suggestion before your cycle starts, is to get the circle bloom meditations. I am not usually a meditation person, but I really love the positive affirmations that are embedded into the CB audio's.

    Wishing you much love - Foxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for being negative on all those things. I hope this cycle is smooth and easy and has a positive result in the end. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHA I am exactly the same way. Oh my gosh. I've been on Provera 10 days and my period hasn't come back (I'm in the CD40s at this point) and the other day I POAS because I wondered "What if?" As if the bloodwork my RE did a week ago just simply hadn't shown that a baby had implanted months ago.

    Infertility makes us all a little crazy I think. :)

    ReplyDelete