Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, December 5, 2010

hee hee

DH and I had a great day watching football (GO CHIEFS!!!).  This evening I said, so sometime this week can we look through the donors I have found?  He replied, "Let's do it tonight!".  I was really excited, then about 15 minutes later he fell asleep on the couch.  It kinda makes me laugh...and is infuriating.

I am going to call Dr Alan this week to order our blood work so we can get it done this week or next.  I need to talk to the office to see if a January attempt is feasible.   CD1 that month should be about Jan 12...I am going out of town Jan 14-17.  I have read about baseline ultrasounds being in the first few days of a cycle?  God there is so much I don't know!

So basically my preparation has been to obsessively read blogs about iuis....anyone know of a good one that is in depth about an iui with clomid cycle (donor or not)? Sometimes it feels like a blogger will skim over the appts, ultrasounds, meds, etc...maybe bc clomid and iuis aren't very fancy in the scheme of things.

I personally have things narrowed down to 6 different donors..3 criteria they must meet - Rh positive blood, CMV negative, and fair skin (DH and I are both practically albino :).  Other than that I based it on reading their profiles and trying to get an 'idea' about their personality.  Probably bullshit but whatever.

Have a great week everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I didn't do IUIs, but there is usually a day 3 u/s for, as you said, baseline.

    As for the donors, now that you have it narrowed down to 3, can you tell if they have reported pregnancies? And then...go with your gut :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they all have reported pregnancies...that was something else I thought was important because it helps 'prove' the spermability :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the two dIUI's that acually went from beginning to end and weren't cancelled, I went in for a baseline about day 3 (I think one was day 2), took Clomid days 5-10, and triggered about day 12 or 13. (I'm going from memory, I'm sure it's in my blog somewhere though.) IUI was day 15 both times. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think at my clinic there isn't a baseline you just go in for the IUI when your OPK is positive. I'm sure it is based on specific situations though....
    GL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My clinic told me they don't do baseline ultrasounds, will be using clomid and estradiol and I assume a trigger shot. Hmm...is this ok?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the giveaway and following and just because :-) I think it is good to be as informed as possible. Going to blogs is good to get an idea of what is going to happen. What really matters is that you are comfortable with the way your clinic does things... reading blogs and googling etc. is helpful so you know the types of questions to ask since it is all new to you... just my 2 cents ;-)

    ReplyDelete