Hi! I'm new to blogging but so not new to lurking on other people's blogs. Ever since it became apparent that pregnancy wasn't going to happen easily I went where every woman goes to research...Google. I am obsessed with googling things. When we first started ttc I googled things like, "early pregnancy symptoms", "how often should we have to sex to get pregnant?", "is alcohol intake harmful before implantation?" (this one was done a few times the last few months we were trying naturally..I got really sick of not drinking 50% of the time). Luckily google directed me to an infertility blog. Now I am a blog addict. It seems like everyone around me gets pregnant super easily, it was a relief to find out I am not alone.
We are now trying to decide between using donor sperm for an IUI or saving up money for an IVF attempt. Dr P is concerned that DH may have a genetic variant that is causing his low sperm count and low testosterone so that is making us lead toward donor. In the next couple of months we plan on getting DH's labs repeated including a genetic work up, I will have an HSG and saving money!! Also I have implemented a healthy lifestyle...I have quit drinking alcohol, quit drinking diet sodas, and am trying to lose weight through calorie counting and exercise.
Thanks for reading!
We are now trying to decide between using donor sperm for an IUI or saving up money for an IVF attempt. Dr P is concerned that DH may have a genetic variant that is causing his low sperm count and low testosterone so that is making us lead toward donor. In the next couple of months we plan on getting DH's labs repeated including a genetic work up, I will have an HSG and saving money!! Also I have implemented a healthy lifestyle...I have quit drinking alcohol, quit drinking diet sodas, and am trying to lose weight through calorie counting and exercise.
Thanks for reading!

Hello!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for writing on my blog and welcome to the blog sphere. My hubby and I are going through some of the same issues. Our options are IVF with ICSI or donor sperm! I look forward to reading your blog and learning more about!
Welcome to the bloggy world! I am looking forward to following your journey. I felt the same way when my husband and I first started trying...I was obsessive. It's normal and we all do it.
ReplyDeleteHello! Your story sounds familiar! I look forward to following you!
ReplyDeleteHey Marianne, we're dealing with male-factor as well and starting our first IVF cycle. Welcome to blogging, it's been a huge relief for me.
ReplyDeleteI prefer to call it an all consuming experience. Sounds like you're well on your way to making some decisions and getting a plan in action. I'm also fairly new to the blogosphere, and I absolutely love it. I love writing and I love reading the stories of others who are going thru the same thing. We were diagnosed with Asooz.permia last July, have since received a diagnosis of Maturation arrest, are doing hormone therapy, and hope to do ISCI IVf later this fall. DS is our other option. I'll be looking forward to following your journey. Welcome! - Foxy
ReplyDeleteWe deal with Azoo too! Looking forward to reading more about you.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blogophere! I hope that you can get everything you need to out of reading and sharing. You're definitely not alone. We're all out here, dealing with the same things, saving money and waiting (or trying). Looking forward to seeing how things go for you.
ReplyDeleteOh my God I feel so loved!!!! Thanks for all the support ladies! I look forward to reading about everyone's journeys. THANK YOU!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the adventure of blogging....a source of the greatest support EVER!
ReplyDeleteHi and welcome to the blog world! Glad you have found out supportive community! Best of luck on your journey!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blogging world. This is has been such a great community for me. Wishing you much luck on your journey.
ReplyDeleteAlso I added you to my blogroll and Google Reader.
liddy @ the unfair struggle
Hello! :) For a long time I had "early pregnancy symptoms" bookmarked! I STILL look it up every once in awhile during the 2WW, you know, just in case.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the bloggy world! :) It is a wonderful outlet to have, and you can disappear for as long as you need, or post twelve times in a day. it is all good here. :)
ReplyDeleteI am wishing you so much luck.